Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting There

They say "life is a journey" - well if our journey up to visit the in-laws was a metaphor for life, I guess the lesson we could learn was that you have to make lemonade out of lemons.  It was a long journey, fraught with many bumps in the road (turbulence??) but we made it work.  We got up there, we were all safe and happy, and we had a great visit.  I had planned to write a blog all about our troubles, every little pothole that we hit on our way up, but looking at these pictures, I couldn't help but be more positive.  I love my kids so much, and last Wednesday, they were stellar.  Flexible, sweet, obedient (for the most part) - it was definitely an adventure!  Here are the pics that have changed my perspective:

 Melody at home, before setting out for the airport.

 Isn't she too adorable?  


When we arrived in Atlanta, we found out that there was going to be a long (four hour delay) before we could board our next flight.  I was a little panicked - what to do with two young kids and four hours to kill in an airport?  But we found a quiet spot and proceeded to make it unquiet, with songs, games, and lots of running around.  Of course, what is the benefit of being at an airport if you can't look out the window? So our quiet spot was right by a  huge row of windows, where we had great views of all sorts of going-ons at the airport.  

 Our spot

 Melody looking out the window

 Cooper, totally engrossed in watching the planes

 Better get comfy, we're going to be here for a while.....

 More airplanes

 Ready, Set, Go! 


 Time to bust out the race cars and toys.  (Good thing Mommy was prepared)


 Who says vehicles have the market on racing?  Babies and penguins are all welcome to get in on the action.

 Cooper getting comy...

My favorite of the bunch...

Hopefully we didn't disturb our fellow passengers with our running and playing.  I'd like to think that we brought a little childhood joy into their lives that day, and perhaps made their four-hour wait go by a little faster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment