We arrived LATE on Wednesday night, and my first clue that our trip would be a great one is that the kids slept in until 8:00 AM. Whoa. That has never happened. Seriously - I don't think that it has ever happened that BOTH kids slept that late. We were kind of recovering from our day of travel on Wednesday, so we really laid low - the weather was perfect New England fall weather, although a lilttle warmer than I would have preferred, but it was wonderfully gloomy and misty. When we all got dressed, we all ventured out on a walk to Bluebird's Cafe for a late breakfast of yummy pancakes.
Walking to Bluebird's
Beautiful autumn leaves (unfortunately, we were about a week, week & a half off of peak, but it was still lovely)
The grandparents and grandkids
When we arrived at Bluebirds, we had a great time putting stickers on our paper placemats and waiting for our pancakes.
Cooper
Melody
Finally, a smile!
We walked home, where I realized that it was 12:30 PM! (A very late breakfast, that was, in reality, our lunch!) So, I put the kids down for a nap and laid down myself. Cooper didn't nap, but he played quietly while Mel & I slept. Which is fine with me! After nap time, we had to run to the store to get things for dinner, so we did that. I was reminded how nice it is to live in Texas when I saw the prices of all the groceries. Everything was at least a dollar or more there - even the store brand. Then we hurried home.
Our good friends, Jenna & Lucas came down from Massachusetts to see us that afternoon - in fact, they arrived shortly after we got home from the store. This was probably the highlight of the visit for me - Jenna is truly like a sister to me. We have known each other a short time (relatively speaking) but we instantly felt a bond when we met in the winter of 2007 in Massachusetts. She has been such a support and encouragement to me through all our ups and downs of the last five and a half years. She is a wonderful mom, a loving friend, and a true servant of God. I hope that our friendship has been as much a blessing to her as it has been to me. So, her and her son drove the two hours to visit, and Erle graciously opened her home so that they could spend the night too.
We had such a fun visit, and the kids adored Lucas - he was so kind, patient and loving, despite the fact that he is a little more than seven years older than Cooper. I don't know that many 11 year olds who would just completely let go and play with a four and two year old so authentically and lovingly, but he did, and seemed to have just as much fun as the kids. And of course, Jenna and I LOVED catching up and just being face to face (as opposed to ear to ear)
Melody hanging out at the table with us girls while the boys played....
Melody with Auntie Jenna
Hmm...Yummy
My dear friend...
This cracked me up...Melody was feeding her lamb
I have a video of the boys playing and being crazy - but for some reason, I am having a hard time finding it. Suffice it to say, they were kind of like a whirlwind and very hard to capture in a still photo. Plus, I was having way too much fun catching up with my good friend to interrupt it and bug the boys about a picture!
I will post more about our trip later, hope everyone enjoys the pictures!
Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to have you for a visit. Looking forward to the next time.
Love Bestemor