That said, here are some of the high points:
A) The food. For someone who detests spaghetti with all her beings (seriously, I wouldn't even eat it as a kid!) I had this weird and random craving for spaghetti & meatballs. So, Friday night, I made spaghetti and meatballs. They were super delicious - and it was actually pretty enjoyable to make. I joked with Alex that we should call them "Love Nuggets" instead of meatballs - they were definitely time & labor intensive. But, well worth it. And now, I have numerous tupperwares full of spaghetti & "love nuggets" in the fridge, and the craving is gone. Completely. I have NO desire to look at any more spaghetti for the rest of my life. Then last night, after the heaviness of Italian on Friday, we went for something lighter - I made a super yummy Greek salad (complete with feta, salami & pepperoncini peppers) and we ate hummus and pitas and salad. Big surprise of the weekend - Cooper LOVES hummus. He was licking it off of the pitas. Hooray! He ate something remotely healthy! (We have a new snack time delicacy!) I only include the salad b/c when all is said & done, I think that the salad was actually better than the spaghetti & "love nuggets". Much better. I will probably make it again next week - it was that good (and yes, I did make homemade dressing!)
Can you tell that I like food? I could talk about food forever. Maybe a southern thing....(or a Julie thing!)
B. Cloth Diapers! (Yes, that is an exclamation point!) We have been so excited about starting cloth diapers. I have a couple of friends who do them, and I never thought that they could be for me until we really started researching. The cost analysis made it highly attractive to both Alex and me, but we also found a couple of other interesting facts: nasty diaper rashes virtually disappear when using cloth diapers, AND kids that wear cloth diapers generally potty train faster. So, we decided to give it a try. We received our diapers on Friday - I prewashed them, like you are supposed to do, and Saturday we jumped in. Things didn't go so well - (Something I've learned - you must change cloth diapers somewhat more frequently than regular diapers.) But today has been so much better - we've had no leaks, and we are so pumped! Plus, I can report - nasty diaper rash - Virtually gone. In one day. With no creams. How awesome is that?!
C. 7:35 wake up time. Cooper slept until 7:35 AM this morning. Hooray. Except that Alex and I had to get up early anyways to get ready for church. But, maybe he'll repeat the performance tomorrow morning? Fingers crossed!
So here are some pics from our wonderfully boring and special weekend - Enjoy the little darling and his cute cloth-diaper clad little bottom!
Cooper LOVES to throw balls. Seriously - his favorite thing to do ever.
This is a new game - Put the box on my head and run around until I crash into something. Hug Mommy & repeat.
Here I am!
It can't be time for bath yet! I'm having too much fun!
So glad you like the cloth diapers... I might have forgotten to mention that you do have to change them every few hours:) oopsy, glad to see you learned that lesson!
ReplyDelete