Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Almost a Year Later...

Wow - A year has flown by, all too fast.
No longer 26 weeks pregnant - now we have an adorable, though high maintenance little lady who will be 8 months old in two weeks. She is precious but quite the drama queen. Some quick facts about little Melody Jennifer:
*She first slept through the night at 12 weeks old
*Nobody can make her laugh like her older brother
* I am honestly surprised at how much I LOVE having a little girl
* She has chunkier legs than Cooper but other than that and her eye color could be his twin
* She has never liked the car, taking a good nap and had a fit the other day when a bubble popped on her leg
* She is a pincher - she pinches my upper arm with her little baby talons and it is like no pain on earth - seriously, OUCH!
* She loves sweet potatos but could care less for bananas

And our sweet little one year old is now an adventure-loving two and a half year old.
He has exploded on the verbal scene, but carefully enunciates every word. We especially enjoy hearing him say: tortilla

A funny anecdote: The other day, when Erle was in town, we were spelling something fun to do (You know, how parents say "Do you want to take the kids to the P-A-R-K?") Well, I don't remember what we were spelling, but Cooper piped up and said "I want to go to the Q-T-R-U-S!" He didn't have any clue what we were saying, but he knew if we were spelling it, it had to be fun!

Some other quick facts about Coop:
* He's going through a stage where he is terrified of loud noises and clowns. In fact, we spray clown spray at every bedtime and naptime. For those of you who don't know, clown spray is Glade Air Freshener and it keeps all clowns away. He also hides in the pantry when I use the mixer to make cookie dough.
* Favorite activities include throwing rocks in the river and covering any car or truck with dirt, mud or sand. Of course, he also loves reading books and will often quote lines from stories that we've read as little as 10 times or as many as hundreds of times. But God help us if we have to read the Time Story once more - oh, it's awful - and that is another blog post entirely.
* Cooper LOVES his little sister, and although he doesn't appreciate her (often) screaming fits or when she takes toys away from him, in the mornings, if I'm not holding her when he gets up from bed, he always asks: "Where's Melody?"

I love my sweet, sensitive boy and am so enjoying being a part of his life. And every day with Melody is part drama, part dream - I love it so much!

So that is our update - almost a year later!

No comments:

Post a Comment