Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Fun

Summer is upon us here, and we have been having a whirlwind of a time. It's been crazy closing up the school year (even with only a part-time teaching job, still crazy), emergency room visits, traveling, explosions, celebrating holidays, (my birthday, Memorial Day, etc..) and especially with Alex being gone one weekend a month now, time has truly flown by. Of course, we've also found time for some fun activities - lots of pool time and tons of playdates!

Cooper is growing by leaps and bounds. I don't know where he finds the energy - he has learned to jump, and all he wants to do is jump everywhere. On furniture, off curbs, on the bed, off the side of the pool...Ironically, the one place he doesn't want to jump is in the bounce house. I guess it's just too conventional for him.

He also knows when he is being openly defiant - I've tried to capture that little smile many times on film, (for when he has children of his own!) but even in that area, he defies me by never showing the defiance when I have the camera waiting - I guess I should be thankful for that???

But, the truth is, he is such a blessing and joy - truly, I couldn't have asked for a better child. He is certainly NOT the son that I deserve.

Speaking of children that I deserve, I am 26 weeks and a couple days pregnant now and starting to really feel it. However, even in the heat, it's not too bad - I am swollen at the ankles at the end of most days, but am still able to wear my wedding rings. :) I think that the chiropractic care that I've been under has really helped with any lower back pain, round ligament pain, and any other random pain I could be feeling. I'm just pretty tired at the end of each day, but nothing specific really hurts. And Melody is VERY active at night - she keeps me up just a kicking and swimming around. Unfortunately, she's sitting far back in my pelvis (placenta is in front) so Alex has only been able to feel her moving a couple of times. But, it is really so joyful to feel her all the time - I know that she's going to be quite the firecracker. (She also often jumps and moves when she hears her big brother - how adorable is that?)

We will have more to write about after this weekend, and hopefully some pics to post (I just haven't downloaded anything from our camera lately...) But hopefully, the quick update is better than none at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment