Lately, the one thing that we can count on is that Cooper loves (LOVES) to read! He will always bring us books and grunt (we like to imagine that the grunt is his way of saying "Mommy, please read this story to me" - just let us live in our delusional world!) until we sit him on our laps (or not,he is fine reading standing up or in any position, really) and read to him. And yes, at fifteen months he sits and listens - although he sometimes wants to turn the page too quickly - which I think is quite amazing.
The best part is that he has a couple of FAVORITE books. And when I say favorite, I mean, favorite - as in, on any given day, I can find myself reading one particular story 50 times. And that is no exaggeration. Seriously, FIFTY times. If he sees one of these books, it doesn't matter where we are, what we are doing - we will soon be reading that story. His two favorites right now are "The Fire Engine Book" and "Here Come the Trains". I have them memorized. But, as annoying as it can be to say "Full Speed Ahead" for the 100th time in a day, I am so thankful for Cooper's love of books and reading, and hope that this is only a start to a lifelong love of reading just like his father and I share.
Love it, Julie!!!
ReplyDelete