No pics - for some reason, both Debra and I were having a moment of forgetfulness this morning - but all the same, it was a nice day to share. The weather finally cooperated this afternoon, so after Bible Study, Debra and I packed up all our kids, plus the Durand kids (minus Baby Laura) and headed off to the zoo. It was so enjoyable to walk around and spend time with the kids. Of course, we didn't get to see too much - we wanted to make it back in time for naps, but I think that Cooper most enjoyed seeing the fish and the shark and of course, all the weird looking birds.
We also took a little respite in the play area where there is a cow that shoots little white balls out of it's rear end. Yes, you read that correctly. At first, I was a bit confused, but after some investigation - here's how it works. The little white ball is inserted into a plant display and supposedly is made into hay. The cow in the display is "eating" the hay, so after you have inserted the ball into the plant, you turn this wheel to make manure. Yes, I am serious. I, personally, think that this concept may be a little complex for the average toddler who is playing in the play area. All the toddler knows is that I turn this wheel, and little white balls come shooting out of the cow's hind-quarters. But here is my question for the day. In the name of accuracy, why are they white balls and not brown? And, by the way, in keeping with his little personality, Cooper LOVED playing with those balls. A little gross, huh? (Man, I wish I had pictures so you would believe me!)
Anyhow, enough with the manure balls. We had a lovely day, and enjoyed our friends and the sunshine immensely. Thank you, Lord, for all the wonderful creation that you have given to us to enjoy - even manure.
No comments:
Post a Comment